Polymed 2 Way Silicone Coated Foley Balloon Catheter – PaediatricSale!
– The Polymed 2 Way Silicone Foley Balloon Catheter is made of Silicone elastomer bonded with latex rubber, which can be retained in body for longer duration.
– The foley catheter is equipped with symmetrical foley balloon to ensure upright tip in urinary bladder for proper drainage of urine.
– The catheter has two lateral burr free eyes to prevent the risk of injury and encrustation.
– The foley catheter has a hard plastic valve for trouble free inflation and deflation of balloon.
– The 2 way foley catheter for child is available in 2 sizes:
– 8FG with a balloon capacity of 3 – 5 ml.
– 10FG with a balloon capacity of 3 – 5 ml.
– They come in a standard packing of 50 units per box.
– A Foley catheter is a thin, flexible and sterile tube which is passed through the urethra into the urinary bladder. Urine drains from the bladder into a bag which is attached to one of the lumens of the catheter. The catheter is held in its place with a balloon at one end which is filled with sterile water. A drainage system thus consists of the catheter and a urine collection bag. It is an indwelling catheter (it remains in the body for a considerable amount of time).
– These urinary catheters are most commonly used to assist people who cannot urinate on their own and are used to drain the bladder. These foley catheters are recommend for the patients who are suffering from Urinary incontinence (leaking urine or being unable to control when you urinate) Urinary retention (being unable to empty your bladder when you need to). These catheters are a perfect pick for the patients whose mobility is hindered due to paralysis or injury and toilet facilities cannot be used.
– Empty the drainage bag before it is fully filled or in every 4 to 8 hours. Do not let the drain tube touch the container the urine is draining into, when emptying the bag.